If you decide to participate in the Longitudinal Outcomes of CGM Use Study:
- You will be mailed three (3) CGM devices per month. The CGM will need to be replaced every 10 days. This investigational-use-only CGM device is meant to be used for research purposes only.
- Your CGM will come with instructions on how to attach, cover and activate using the Nutrisense app. If you have questions about the process you can contact Customer Support directly within the app or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The CGM device will automatically sync with the Dexcom app while you are wearing it via Bluetooth. Your data will then be available to view in the Nutrisense app as long as you have an internet connection. After the 30-minute warm up period, while the sensor is connected, with Bluetooth and Internet available, your data will be available to view in the app.
- We will ask you to complete a short survey within the app about your health every three (3) months. These surveys are optional and will take about 6-10 minutes to complete.
- Once the study period is over, you can continue to use the Nutrisense app and nutritionist support. You will also be prompted to participate in continuing research, or return to the non-research sensor. If you decline continuing research, you will be sent the Abbott Freestyle Libre CGM that all regular members who are not research participants receive. (The main difference between the two devices is the Dexcom CGMs last for 10 days each – three total per month – and automatically syncs data to the app by Bluetooth.)
- If you have been diagnosed with Type II Diabetes (T2D), or are taking glucose control medication, please consult with your primary care physician before participating.
- Nutrisense will use the CGM data collected through the app, as well as any self-reported information collected through the app (via logged meals, activities, and notes) and through surveys. If you opt-in to nutritionist support services, we will also use nutritionist notes and guidance for research.