Not to fear, we'll provide you with a few steps here to troubleshoot the problem. If you're unsuccessful in receiving a scan or activating your sensor, the NutriSense support team is here to help!
First, is your sensor active?
Yes, my sensor is active!
Not sure? We can check here.
No? let's activate it here.
Great! Which of these options explains the issue you are experiencing?
A) It has been over 1 hour since I activated my sensor
Yep, over 1 hour!
- Please try to scan again. Make sure that your phone is touching the sensor.
- Try scanning a few different locations on your phone. Most Androids have their NFC located in the back, central part of the phone.
- Make sure to press your phone to the sensorfor 2-4 seconds.
Not yet 1 hour.
- You will need to wait one hour after activation to start scanning.
- If you receive the message that the sensor is already active, it most likely is. You can clear the cache to get the sensor information to update in the app: go to your app > settings > clear cache.
- Wait one hour and then scan again.
- If you continue to receive the message "activation failed" or "please activate sensor", please contact NutriSense support through the in-app chat so we can help you with this issue.
B) I am receiving a successful scan, what about data?
Yes, it's coming in nicely now!
Great! Feel free to let us know if you continue to experience any trouble.
No, no data.
- Try scanning using cellular data if you have been using wifi, or wifi if you have been using cellular data.
- Log out and back into the app.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app.
- Turn the phone off and on again.
To note, Android may require you to enable body sensors, this is difference on each phone:
- Go into your phone’s Settings > Privacy > Permission Manager > Body Scans (Body Sensors) and allow NutriSense
- Or, on some phones it is: Settings > Biometrics > App Permissions > Body Sensors > turn on for NutriSense
- Or, Settings > Apps & notifications > Select NutriSense > select Permissions > choose which permissions you want to enable (make sure glucose is enabled)
No, my sensor is not yet active.
No problem! To activate your sensor please go into the NutriSense App. Click the 3 lines to the upper left hand side of the screen > go to Settings > Sensor > Activate New Sensor.
Then, hold your phone up to the sensor until you feel vibrations. From there you should be able to see today's date populated and the serial number of the sensor. If you see that, you are activated!
If you don't, keep trying to scan. Make sure that your phone is touching the sensor. Try scanning a few different locations on your phone. Most Androids have their NFC located in the back, central part of the phone. Make sure to hold it directly on the phone for 2-4 seconds.