If you're having difficulty scanning with your Android device, here are a few steps to troubleshoot the problem. If you're unsuccessful in receiving a scan or activating your sensor, the Nutrisense support team is here to help!
First, let's check if your sensor is active?
No? Let's activate it here.
Yes, my sensor is active!
Great! Let's get this figured out. Possible scenarios you are encountering:
1. Unable to Scan or Activate
2. Getting Successful Message but no Data.
1. Unable to Scan or Activate
If it has not been over an hour since activation, please wait 1 hour and then try scanning again.
Yes, it has been over 1 hour!
- Please try to scan again. Make sure that your phone is touching the sensor.
- Try scanning a few different locations on your phone. Most Androids have their NFC located in the back, central part of the phone.
- Make sure to press your phone to the sensor for 2-4 seconds.
- If you are new to using sensors, we suggest trying 5-10 times as it can take a while to find the right spot on your phone to scan.
- If you continue to have difficulties:
- Check to ensure your app is up to date.
- Turn your NFC off and back on again.
- Log out and back in, then try scanning again.
- Look up your NFC scanning location on your phone to ensure you are touching the correct spot on the phone to the CGM.
- Try scanning without opening the Scan dialog. On Android, if you just open the dashboard view, you should be able to touch your phone (wherever the NFC is located) to the sensor and it should scan automatically.
Doesn’t look like it has been an hour yet.
- In the first hour, the sensor is warming up and starting to collect data, you will need to wait one hour after activation and try to scan again.
- If you receive the message that the sensor is already active, it most likely is but there may be a lag in updating that information in the app so try to scan again after an hour.
2. I am getting the 'Scan Successful' message, but no data is showing in my graph.
If it has not been over an hour since activation, please wait 1 hour and then try scanning again. If it has been over an hour try these steps:
- Try scanning using cellular data if you have been using wifi, or wifi if you have been using cellular data.
- Log out and back into the app and try to scan again.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app. If this is not your first sensor, do not worry about any messages during the uninstall process that say your data will be deleted as your Nutrisense data is stored in the cloud so you can uninstall and reinstall the app as many times as you like and this will not delete any data.
- Turn the phone off and on again and attempt to scan again.
If you continue to receive the message "activation failed", “tag already active” or "please activate sensor", please contact Customer Support in the app by hitting the white on the green plus sign at the bottom of the dashboard, and then start a new message. Please pay attention to any error messages you are getting and let the support team know what they say. If possible, grab a screenshot and send it in!