If you're unsuccessful in receiving a scan or activating your sensor, the NutriSense support team is here to help! Here are a few steps and resources to troubleshoot the problem.
Here is a guided video to help you through this process!
1. Is Your Sensor Active?
A) No? Let's activate it by following the guidance here.
B) Yes, my sensor is active! Read on below👇
Great! Which of these options explains the issue you are experiencing?
- It has been over 1 hour since I activated my sensor
- It has been less than an hour since activating my sensor
2. What is Your Main Issue?
A) It has been over 1 hour since I activated my sensor.
- First, make sure that your app is up to date and try to scan again, ensuring your phone is touching the sensor.
- Make sure you are scanning at the top of the iPhone where your selfie camera is located.
- Make sure to press your phone to the sensor for 2-4 seconds. You should feel 1-2 vibrations when the sensor and phone communicate.
- Clear your caches in settings and try to scan again.
- Try scanning using cellular data if you have been using Wi-Fi, or scan with Wi-Fi if you have been using cellular data.
- Log out and back into the app and attempt to scan again.
- Uninstall and reinstall the app, then try to scan again. If this is not your first sensor, don't worry about losing your data. It is stored in the cloud, and you will not lose any data by uninstalling and reinstalling the app. All your data will be visible in the NutriSense app again upon reinstallation.
- Turn the phone off and on again, then try to scan once more.
- If you do not see data, pull down on the graph to refresh it.
B) It has been less than an hour since activating my sensor.
- You will need to wait 1 hour after activation to start scanning.
- If you receive the message that the sensor is already active, it most likely is. You can clear the caches to get the sensor information to update in the app: go to your app > settings > clear cache.
- Wait 1 hour and then scan again.
- If you continue to receive the message "activation failed" or "please activate sensor," please get in touch with NutriSense support through the in-app chat so we can help you with this issue.
If this does not work, contact support, hit the green "+" from the dashboard screen. In the pop-up, select "Message" and select the button "Send us a message." It will connect you directly to our support team. Please pay attention to any error messages you are getting and let the support team know what they say. If possible, grab a screenshot and send it in!