Now that you have your sensor on, we can get it activated so we can continue on your health journey! If you have not inserted your sensor, you can follow the steps in the how to put on your CGM article, then come back here to activate.
To Activate Your Sensor
1. Go into your app
2. Go into the sidebar menu in the upper left-hand corner
3. Select "Settings"
4. Select "Sensor" from the settings menu
5. Select "Sensor" then, "Activate New Sensor"
6. A Ready to Scan prompt will appear. Once you see the prompt, place the area of your phone that has the NFC near the CGM device and hold it there for a second. You should feel a vibration once the sensor has been scanned.
For iPhones, the NFC is located on the back of the phone near the camera. The NFC location for Androids varies by device.
7. CGM devices can take up to one hour to appear activated within the app, fear not! Continue to scan and as they begin to log in the data section of the app.
If you are using an Android device, please make sure NFC is turned on by going into Settings on your phone and searching for the NFC option. You will not be able to activate or scan the sensor unless this option is toggled on!
A Little More Information on Activation
30-60 minutes after activation, you can start scanning your device. The readings will be recorded in 15-minute increments and the device will capture the last 8 hours of readings. This means that you have to scan the device a minimum of every 8 hours to cover the entire 24 hours, although the more scans the better! We recommend scanning right before bed and right when you wake up to capture as much of the night data as possible.
The first 24 hours of the collected data may not be accurate since the CGM is calibrating during this time period, please do not be alarmed if the values seem to fluctuate excessively.
Your dietitian will reach out in the app within 24 hours of activating your first CGM on weekdays. So in the meantime get used to scanning, meal logging, and activity tracking!
One hour after activation your can start scanning your sensor!