Your personal dietitian is complimentary during the first month of any CGM subscription plan (1, 3, 6, and 12-month) and can be an add-on month-to-month service from there on out. Your dietitian will be assigned and reach out once you have activated your first sensor.
What You Can Expect From Your NutriSense Dietitian
- Help Creating Experiments in the App
- Curious about what your glucose response will be after your favorite meal or dessert? Curious which intermittent fasting window is right for you? Unsure if your current diet fits your goals? It may be time to experiment. Your dietitian reviews your background, your data, and your goals, and can help you develop personalized experiments to answer your questions and fine-tune your diet based on your body’s biology.
- How to Ask: Ask for tips on how to conduct an experiment with your favorite meal or snack. You may want to experiment with different dietary approaches to optimize exercise performance or do some tests with your dinner to improve overnight glucose values. You can try various experiments, and your dietitian can help you plan and execute them! You can also get suggestions to improve your glucose response to a particular food and experiment with those strategies to see how your glucose values change as a result.
- Glucose and health data can be confusing, but your dietitian can help make sense of it all. Our dietitians are experts in CGM data, metabolic health, and overall wellness. They are trained in interpreting data and can help explain it in a way you understand.
- How to Ask: It’s a good idea to ask your dietitian how to improve a glucose response to your usual breakfast and how to optimize fasting glucose levels. You should also know how to reduce glycemic variability and ‘swings’ in your glucose, which can help with energy levels and weight loss. Another interesting question is about what you are observing with your glucose patterns—why did your glucose spike during your morning workout? Why did it drop after a cold shower?
- This includes helping identifying missing nutrients and strategies to optimize your diet. The more you log, the more your dietitian can help. Your dietitian can provide tailored, personalized feedback to help tweak your meals. Whether this means one small change or identifying ways to optimize your response to your favorite meal, your dietitian has your back.
- How to Ask: Ask for tailored meal suggestions from your dietitian to help boost your meal responses. You can also ask for tips to fine-tune your macro or micronutrient profile based on your results (and if you’re not sure what this is yet, ask your dietitian to explain it!).
- Glucose isn’t just about food - exercise plays a powerful role as well! Your dietitian can educate you on how your exercise routine is tolerated by your body, help adjust workout fueling, and/or identify ways to easily boost exercise in your lifestyle to improve overall metabolic health.
- How to Ask: Log your exercise in the app and let your dietitian know your routine. You can ask why you responded a certain way, or ask your RD to explain what they’re seeing in your responses and how to optimize to meet your goals.
- If stress or sleep are issues for you, these could be affecting your metabolic health. Your dietitian can assess how these non-food-related factors are affecting you, and help identify ways to manage stress, improve sleep, and create a more balanced routine.
- How to ask: Log stress and sleep in the app and let your dietitian know when you’ve had a particularly good or bad day for either factors. Ask your dietitian for sleep hygiene tips or stress management strategies, and they can personalize recommendations from your body’s data.
- Fad diets may not work forever, and health habits can be difficult to maintain. Your dietitian can work with you using evidence-based strategies to incorporate routines and habits that last.
- Things to Ask: Ask your dietitian to help you create weekly, manageable habits and track them to meet your health goals. No matter where you are on your health journey, your dietitian is here to help.
Ready to work closely with your personal dietitian? Please don’t be shy - reach out to your dietitian with any and all questions you have throughout the program. Think of them as your “health tour guide.” Don’t know what to ask? No worries - your dietitian will be reaching out proactively with insight on your data as well! Let them know what frequency you prefer, and they’ll accommodate you.
Here's how to send a message to your dietitian: Communicating with your dietitian